- Following the UK becoming the first-ever EU member state to officially leave the single market on 31st December 2020, many businesses will be forced to reconsider their trade operations, and especially how they account for their VAT on digital services. Thankfully, with the last-minute settlement of a Brexit EU-UK trade deal, this confirmed an unprecedented [...]
- After an intensive four year period, and nine months of discussions, a Brexit Trade Deal between the EU and UK was finally agreed upon on 24th December 2020 and approved on the 31st December 2020, not a moment too soon before the transition period came to an end. This meant that trade regulations have been able to [...]
- On the 31st of January 2020, the UK officially left the EU. This then trigged a ‘transition period’ as per the withdrawal agreement. This transition period has meant that operations between the UK and the EU have been conducted in the same way that they were previously were. However, from midnight on the 31st December [...]
- What are my rights currently? On the 31st January 2020, the United Kingdom officially left the European Union. A withdrawal agreement was agreed upon by both parties and thus initiated a transition period from the 1st Feb 2020 until the 31st December 2020. During this transition period British Citizens and their families will have the [...]
- On the 5th November 2020 Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, confirmed that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) would be extended until March 2021, instead of ending as expected in October 2020. This was due to the ongoing economic turbulence created by the outbreak of the Coronavirus. This allowed companies to claim up to [...]
- What is the Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS)? The Mini One Stop Shop allows taxable persons (such as businesses) who supply digital telecommunication services to non-taxable persons within any member state of the EU, to account for their VAT on all services supplied in the member state that they are operating from. This allows businesses [...]
- On the 31st of December 2020, the transition period will end, and the UK will leave the EU single market and customs union. It is becoming increasingly likely that before this time the UK will not have agreed to a trade deal with the EU, resulting in a No-Deal, ‘Hard’ Brexit. The EU and UK [...]
- The CBD industry recently received the boost it’s been waiting for as the European Union’s Highest Court officially ruled that it is not a narcotic. The announcement authoritatively stated; “A Member State may not prohibit the marketing of cannabidiol (CBD) lawfully produced in another Member State when it is extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant [...]
- Boris Johnson – Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, recently announced his new 10-point-plan for a ‘Green Industrial Revolution’. His new plan will be centred around the UK’s industrial heartlands – the North of England, the Midlands, Scotland, and Wales with ambitions to generate 250,000 new jobs in these areas in the carbon capture, electric [...]
- On the 27th October 2020, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – Crown Prince of Dubai, announced the launch of a new stock market, dedicated to supporting small and mid-sized companies under the umbrella of Nasdaq Dubai. The Nasdaq Dubai Growth Market (NDGM) was released in conjunction with the Dubai Future District project with the [...]
- Every credible and successful business will require business management support in some form over their lifetime. Companies are often then faced with a few choices, to ensure they are optimising operations; either hire an in-house team, outsource each service from a third-party provider, or hire an all-encompassing entity, such as a Corporate Service Provider to [...]
- The United Kingdom Government has announced that it will be opening a new bespoke Visa route for British Nationals (Overseas), which will be available from 31 January 2021. This new option for Hong Kong nationals been announced in light of the recent National Security law which China has now imposed on the people of Hong [...]
- On the 31st of October, just two weeks after the last update on COVID restrictions, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced another change to England’s Coronavirus precautionary restrictions. These restrictions only apply to England, while the other members of the United Kingdom remain under different restrictions, enforced by their own local governance. The Prime Minister has [...]
- The notion of fintech (financial technology), isn’t exactly a new concept, with online banking dating back to the 1980s. Even if you’re not significantly aware of it, fintech is like a big part of both your personal and professional life. You might split the bill at dinner by using Venmo, tap your phone to pay [...]
- A Double Taxation Agreement is a treaty acknowledged by two countries to protect residents who conduct business operations between two locations against the risk of double taxation where the same income tax is liable in both locations. These agreements allow businesses to operate between these two locations without paying excessive taxes, providing certainty for cross-border [...]
- On the 13th October 2020, the Irish Financial Minister - Mr Paschal Donohoe T.D, released his statement for the 2021 Budget for Ireland, an unprecedented proposal, in both size and scale, with the government promising €17.5bn towards building a stronger, more resilient Ireland. The 2021 budget has been composed against the backdrop of extraordinary ambiguity [...]
- With over 15 years’ experience operating in the Corporate Service world, Animo has had the advantage of collating an extensive network of third-party providers, offering services that complement our own. One of our more paramount services encompasses providing support and advice to those looking to relocate, especially to those heading towards one of our primary [...]
- Cyprus is a popular choice for businesses as it operates with over 50 DTA’s (Double Taxation Agreements), it is an EU member country, and has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in Europe. A company incorporated outside Cyprus may establish a branch or representative office in Cyprus, provided that within one month from the [...]
- Yesterday, on the 12th October 2020, the Prime Minister; Boris Johnson, announced to the House of Commons a new set of restrictions that will be placed on England as of the 14th October 2020. The new restrictions will see England being divided into three separate tiers, based on the rate of infection and the rise [...]
- In recent times, Mental Health has become a prevalent topic in the workplace, with many companies implementing initiatives to support both their employees and the overall cause. It is becoming increasingly important for companies globally to be considering their employees Mental Health at every stage. A negative working environment can quickly lead to ill Mental [...]
- This year, on the 31st Jan 2020 at 11 pm, the United Kingdom officially left the European Union, four years after the initial national referendum. As a result, the UK entered into a transition period, which allowed businesses some extra time to make the necessary preparations for a post Brexit marketplace. The deadline for this [...]
- A global shipping power, with a thriving real estate market and a substantial tourism industry, Cyprus is an excellent location for both international and domestic businesses. Not only is it the third-largest island in the Mediterranean, with gorgeous views, but the Cypriot Governance has also put in place many business-friendly programs and incentives, making Cyprus [...]
- Our Mauritian office provides Animo with a superb avenue to a pool of new opportunities, with fantastic accessibility to both African and Asian markets, as well as links to clients worldwide. Ranking 13th in ‘Ease of doing business’ worldwide by the world bank and 1st in Africa, Mauritius continuously proves itself as more than just [...]
- Animo Associates is pleased to present one of our prevalent European Office locations. Being one of the most open and connected countries in the world, Ireland acts as a fantastic gateway to global markets. With the added advantage of being located in the countries capital Dublin, our Irish offices prove to be a superb asset [...]
- Located in the lucrative Emirate; Dubai, our UAE offices provide Animo with an extended reach to MENAP and other major global business hubs. The cosmopolitan city boasts innovation, from world-class infrastructure to first-class hospitality services, bringing together the highest standards of comfort and convenience whilst still incorporating the traditionality’s of Arabia, proving that there truly [...]
- At Amino Associates, we are fortunate to have the advantage of being based worldwide in various international offices. Over the next week we will be posting a series of insights, reintroducing each location individually and the multiple advantages it brings to our company. To start off our ‘Introducing’ series, we would like to proudly present [...]
We are pleased to announce that as from 15th September 2020, Animo Mauritius has moved into a larger office space. In every challenge, there is an opportunity. Despite the pandemic, the backbone of our business: SERVICE & COMPETITIVENESS has once again driven our continued growth to allow us to take Animo Mauritius to the next […]
The first Autumn Budget was delivered this week amidst immense pressure to deliver something ‘spectacular’ and with some deeming it to be a ‘make or break’ Budget for the Chancellor. Some of the announcements were expected, a number of new measures announced were rather surprising.
The Central Bank of Ireland has published the second Quarterly Bulletin for 2017. This insight bulletin examines recent trends in the domestic economy and provides the Irish Central Bank’s forecasts for the Irish economy and its views on domestic macroeconomic policy issues.
Effective from 1st January 2018 the GCC have now signed Federal Law No. 7 for tax procedures, which sets the foundations for the planned UAE tax system, regulating the administration and collection of taxes and clearly defining the role of the Federal Tax Authority (FTA).
The UK Budget 2015 introduced the Making Tax Digital (‘MTD’) initiative and outlined HMRC’s vision of transforming the UK tax system by executing it via a digitalised platform. Whilst intended to come into force in April 2018, there was widespread concern amongst business owners, professionals and governing bodies in respect of the pace and scale of changes being introduced.
- 25th July 2017
The Treasury recently announced the introduction of a second Finance Bill for 2017 to legislate for provisions which were dropped in the earlier bill in light of the UK General Election. It has provided a list of provisions deemed to take effect from the beginning of the current tax year, allowing advisers to provide taxpayers with some measure of certainty.
- 11th July 2017
An insight from the team at Animo Associates outlining the key benefits for international businesses of investing in Ireland, in light of the Brexit decision from June 2016. These include favourable tax, a growing economy and the fact that it is the only English speaking country in the Eurozone.
Please find our latest insight from our Cyprus office regarding the advantages of Cyprus International Trusts – a relationship created at the direction of an individual in which they transfer legal ownership of property (the Trust Assets/Funds) to one or more trustees (the Trustees) subject to certain duties to use and protect for the ultimate benefit of others (the beneficiaries).
Please find our latest insight from our Dubai office regarding offshore companies in the United Arab Emirates – which is to provide an overview for foreign investors considering doing business in the United Arab Emirates
- 15th May 2017
At Animo Legal, our experts are able to offer you support and clear advice in many areas, but this bulletin has been created to highlight our immigration services. We can provide assistance, whether it is your intention to: study, work, become a British Citizen, extend your stay, join a family member already here or to […]
Cybersecurity can often be a last thought for many businesses. You will need to ensure that your company has good cyber hygiene to keep you safe from fraudsters and attackers. It is recommended that you raise awareness of fraud within your company in order to prevent a cyber fraud attack succeeding.
A new Revenue campaign was announced in the 2017 Budget which targets offshore income and assets which have been undeclared or under declared to Revenue. Taxpayers are being given a final opportunity to come forward before 30 April and make disclosures voluntarily, before new exchange of information rules vastly increase the data available to Revenue about taxpayers’ offshore interests.
Animo Associates has acquired a participation in HBP-Training, which has been providing training and consultancy for three years. The Human Performance training and consultancy company, which has been rebranded to Pro-Noctis, meaning Professional-Alignment, helps its clients who are striving to create the safest and most productive working environment possible. Pro-Noctis, which specialises in bespoke interventions, […]
Animo Associates is proud to announce the opening of the law firm Animo Associates Legal Limited – trading as Animo Legal.
Animo Legal will provide expertise on a range of matters, with particular emphasis on corporate and commercial matters and immigration and has been licensed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
- 10th March 2017
The Chancellor, Philip Hammond delivered his first Budget to the House of Commons yesterday calling for a “stronger, fairer, more global Britain”. With the rise in National Insurance Contributions for the self-employed making headlines across Britain, Mr Hammond is facing a backlash over the announcement, with many claiming it clearly breaks the Tories 2015 manifesto pledge not to raise taxes.
- 15th March 2017
In a sharp U-Turn to the hike in Class 4 National Insurance Contributions (“NICs”) announced only a week ago, The Chancellor announced today that there will be no increases to NIC in this Parliament.
- 13th February 2017
Foreign investors wishing to conduct business in the U.A.E have various formation options available depending on the type of activities, budget/time restraints, perceptions and facility requirements of their business.
This insight explores the background to the Cyprus financial crisis and the planned road to recovery for the banking industry operating on the island, including the two largest banks in Cyprus: Bank of Cyprus and Laiki Bank.
- 25th November 2016
With Philip Hammond’s first and now last Autumn Statement delivered, the general consensus is that there were no headline grabbing tax changes which were not previously expected. What is clear is that April 2017 will bring a whole host of changes impacting both corporates and individuals (particularly the former) and it remains to be seen whether the changes will provide an element of stability to the UK economy amid the uncertainty surrounding Brexit.
- 24th October 2016
The budget statement for 2017 delivered by Ireland’s Minister for Finance, Mr Michael Noonan, focused to maintain and strengthen Ireland’s financial services at a time of significant political and economic change, both nationally and internationally.
- 17th October 2016
On the 17th October 2016, the Minister of Finance, Prof. Edward Scicluna, presented the budget for 2017. The Minister announced various measures in order to further strengthen the Maltese economy. This Insight will provide you with a summary of the relevant budgetary measures that were announced.
- 29th September 2016
Insight into the legal implications of the UK formally leaving the EU at an undecided time in the future. The decision made on 23rd June 2016 as a result of the EU referendum, is for now, just a representation of the public opinion. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty 2009 (which starts the process of the UK leaving the EU) has not yet been invoked.
Animo Associates has strengthened its position by giving all its Directors a share of the business and offering new products and services for customers. CEO Mark Quirk remains as the main shareholder, while the company’s Directors Hatice Mehmet-Quirk, Farzana Naheed, Jaysen Harree, Jason Tabone and Gary Stern are all now part-owners of the business. Animo’s […]
Animo Associates has set up a new office in Dubai under the management of UK Director Farzana Naheed, who has relocated to help expand the company’s presence in the Middle East. Clients who wish to transfer their Dubai files over from former associates Relianci Advisory LLC are asked to get in touch with their usual […]
- 16th March 2016
The Chancellor, George Osborne’s second Budget of this parliament was billed as a Budget for the next generation and it was not expected to be radical but the announcements made yesterday were wide ranging and there have been some fairly major changes to digest on the tax front.
- Download (PDF, Unknown)
- 18th March 2015