Animo Associates has prepared this briefing sheet for informational purposes only, and it is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal, accounting or compliance advice. Professional advice should be obtained before engaging in any transaction and we will be pleased to provide such advice where appropriate.
- Ireland is a committed member of the European Union
- It is the only English speaking country in the Eurozone
- Provides an ideal hub for organisations seeking a European base and guaranteed access to the European market.
- Irish economy grew at 7.8% in 2015 – the fastest rate in Europe
- Small highly globalised economy, with a large exporting sector, and a significant number of multinational corporations.
Ireland’s favourable tax and other features
- The Irish tax regime is open and transparent and complies fully with OECD guidelines and EU Competition law.
- EU-approved stable tax regime
- 5% corporate tax rate on trading income is one of the lowest ‘onshore’ statutory corporate tax rates in the world.
- Ireland has signed comprehensive Double Taxation Agreements with 72 countries; 70 of these are in effect
- Excellent Intellectual Property (IP) regime which provides a tax write-off for broadly defined IP acquisitions;
- Attractive holding company regime
- Effective zero tax rate for foreign dividend
- No thin capitalisation provisions.
- An attractive holding company regime, including participation exemption for gains on disposals of most shares; – an effective zero tax rate for foreign dividends (12.5% tax rate on qualifying foreign dividends, with flexible onshore pooling of foreign tax credits)
- Generous domestic law withholding tax exemptions
- Attractive reliefs for staff assigned from abroad, key staff working in R&D and staff carrying out work in certain countries.
- Skilled labour force with a pool of qualified lawyers, accountants and chartered secretaries
- Efficient communication system
- An efficient & reliable banking system with the presence of numerous international banks
- A stable political system
- A developed infrastructure linking Ireland with Europe and the US
For more information:
Senior Manager – Ireland
Telephone: +353 (0) 1663 9646
Fax: +353 (0) 1663 7652
Animo Associates Limited
Blackrock, Co Dublin,
Republic of Ireland, A94 X9A2